Principal's Message A brain child of the former, “youthful, energetic and a visionary”, prime minister of India late Shri Rajiv Gandhi Ji, Navodayas came into existence by the Societies Registration Act 1860. Incorporated as an autonomous body under the Department of School Education and Literacy, MHRD, Navodaya is a premier institute for school education (from class VI to XII) established all over the country primarily meant for providing state of the art quality educational opportunity to the so far deprived sections in Rural Areas. 75% of the seats in the Vidyalaya are reserved for students from rural background and the rest 25% are selected from urban areas. Other than the number of seats reserved for the SC/ST/OBC category of students, 33% of total seats are reserved for female students and 3% seats are meant for Physically Challenged category of students. We provide admission at different levels viz. VI, IX and XI. Whereas students in class VI and IX are selected through a selection test conducted by the CBSE, those in class XI enter (Lateral entry) on purely merit basis of academic achievements.

At present 598 in number (one in each district with a few exceptions), JNVs aims at providing residential system of schooling to boys and girls all together ( a system of co-education) get nurtured under a single umbrella under 24x7 environment observation, supervision and guidance of a well trained staff to discover their self and then participate in a number of programmes, being an integral part of the school curriculum, such as school level Co-curricular activities, Sports activities, Pace setting Programmes, Inter-house competitions and then they get openings at Regional and National level. JNV aptly opens a launching pad for the budding stars that have shown their mettle in different fields such as UPSC, KAS, MBBS, IIT, AIEEE, NDA and other prestigious positions.

It is all free of cost with a meagre fee of ₹600/- for only general category boys with exceptions of BPL ones. All others are provided free of cost education, boarding & lodging, clothing and items of daily needs beside the regular needs of sports and items of academic needs. Class rooms are fitted with Smart Learning facility with a good and qualified team of faculty coming from across the country. NCC/NSS/Scouts and Guides are the special features which train and prepare good and healthy future citizens/ manpower for the nation.

In fact Navodaya goes a long way in developing the goals of the government sponsored flagship programme of Inclusive Growth by adopting, implementing and accepting the programmes initiated by the government of India. Mini migration of 30% students is yet another feather in the direction of national integration and inclusive growth of the whole. Under this programme students of class IX from one JNV are sent to another JNV on migration for just one year to facilitate cultural confluence and mutual understanding which ultimately facilitates harmonious growth and development. Come join hands with Navodaya and fulfil all the aspirations of your loved ones who are just like raw clay of the potter ready to be shaped and moulded into fine pots better than the costliest gems anywhere on this earth.